Woooo! New fave episode!! We got into so much this week! Ight so if you’ve been here for a while, you know I don’t get down with resorts. I enjoy immersing myself in the local community and feeling like I’m getting as authentic experience as possible while I’m visiting a new country and community. This week my guest Tyla Flowers of Smile Jamaica Resort explained to me how she’s created just that with the luxury of a resort at your disposal. Y’all! Here for it! While discussing the unique ways Smile Jamaica caters to solo and culturally interested travelers, incorporates the local community and ensures the needs of disabled travelers are also included, we get into Tyla’s personal story and her why. A week after delivering her daughter, Tyla suffered her first massive heart attack and was sent home. The next day she suffered her second and didn’t wake up for weeks. *deep sigh* Tyla’s story is one of the most dynamic and layered discussions I think I’ve had here on Travel N Sh!t and I can’t wait for y’all to get into how incredible she and her dreams are.
Guest: Tyla Flowers
Because Black Lives ALWAYS Matter 👇🏽
- Until Freedom http://www.instagram.com/untilfreedom
- George Floyd Memorial Fund: https://www.gofundme.com/f/georgefloyd
- Black Visions Collective: https://www.blackvisionsmn.org/
- Campaign Zero: https://www.joincampaignzero.org/
- Black Lives Matter: https://www.Blacklivesmatter.com
- Brooklyn Bail Fund https://brooklynbailfund.org
- Justice for Breonna Taylor Petition: https://act.colorofchange.org/sign/justiceforbre-breonna-taylor-officers-fired?source=coc_main_website
There’s Travel N Sh!t merch!! For tees, totes, socks, mugs, magnets, and phone cases, be sure to check out the new store here https://travel-n-sh-t-podcast.myshopify.com
Be sure to sign up for the Travel N Sh!t mailing list for a chance to win a $50 gift card from JordansJungle.net (my new plant plug yall, foreal)!
For 15% off your purchase use this affiliate code (I get money to spend and you get money off your purchase. Win for all!) https://bit.ly/2LcKcYR
If you enjoyed this week or any week’s episode, please take a second to subscribe and rate Travel N Sh!t on the platform you listen. If you’re REALLY feeling froggy, please take this quick listener survey so I can get to know you better! http://bit.ly/tnslistenersurvey